Friday, October 25, 2013

Spin in The Sun With Me


This morning, I woke up with a start
Light coming in the window,
a little too bright for 6:30am.
Panicky feeling, tight stomach
Fumble for my phone
8:12am?
No, no
Too late
Run, run
Elusive socks
Eyeliner+under-eye concealer for undeniable dark circles
(Must avoid looking like the walking dead at all costs)
Just had my phone, where is it
Out the door
Stubborn ice on the Jeep windshield
Visibility, anyone?
Wait a moment
At work finally
So sorry I'm late, I say
Make an enormous cup of hazelnut coffee
Sip, sip
Slowly warm
Brain slowly unfogs
I notice suddenly what a beautiful day it is
Beautiful fall tints
Lit by shafts of sunlight
Under a clear blue sky
Deep breath

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this. :) And totally relate to the makeup so as not to look like a horrific zombie in the mornings! I'm afraid I drag quite terribly when I first get up... haha

    ReplyDelete