Monday, November 11, 2013

Sing, My Angel of Music


Once in awhile, I get inspired to get my violin out of the case in the forgotten corner. I buy some new sheet music (hot off the press printer), and then I head off to give it a whirl.

Depending on my wisdom in choosing the music (which usually consists of hearing something I like, looking it up on the internet and buying it), the first practice can be either enjoyable or torturous.

My intonation is usually appalling, and my poor tender fingers throb from pressing the strings. You see, when you wait a few months or more between practices, Brain, Fingers and Instrument do not get along very well.

Recently, inspiration struck me while listening to Pump It by Lindsey Stirling. So what did I do? I went and bought the sheet music of course. I am trying to practice a little bit every day. It is going alright. I must try to finish the piece before all the inspiration trickles away...

1 comment:

  1. I did not know you played the violin, but by all means keep it up. The fingers are the key I am sure as it is with the guitar. Probably why I could never do that very well. Hope that you are keeping warm on this cold, snowy, fall day. Love the fresh appearance of an inch of white snow. Birds at the feeder and a doe bedded down in the hedge row just looking around at the beautiful clean field in front of her as the breeze brushes across her back. Can scent what is behind her and see wht is downwind, so safe to rest for a while.

    ReplyDelete