Monday, January 13, 2014

And Then She Came Back


I am back. 

I wish that I could say that I was in Europe for a month and didn't have time to blog.

But unfortunately, that's not true. I guess I just sort of...fell out of the blogging mood.

But I've missed it, so now I am back.


Playing a card game with a four-year-old is an education. I'm not sure what game we were playing but I'm positive no one has ever played it before.


This is Amos. He is practically a professional lounger.


In case you couldn't tell, these were supposed to be Santa cookies. I made them on Christmas Eve...they were one of those Pinterest recipe attempts that look fabulous in the online picture but crash and burn in reality. I will just say that these cookies were eaten as soon as possible.



Music theory review is not one of my loves. In fact, music theory in general is my personal bane. Ruin. Despair. Panic.


This is the remnants of Grinch Punch, which I also made on Christmas Eve. It was significantly more successful than the Santa cookies and also less repulsive to look at.


We always cut a fresh Christmas tree- no artificials or pre-cuts. This year's was a magnificent specimen that, while not flawless, had a personality of its own.


I think frost on the windows is one of the most beautiful things about winter.


To wrap up this post in which I constantly digress - or rather do not stay on any one topic - this is my new favorite kind of tea. It is delicious.

I will hopefully have the inspiration to post more often, or if not inspiration, discipline.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Good to have you back! And I completely agree about music theory. I wish I liked it as much as I do playing music!

    ReplyDelete