Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pictures & Updates


Here we go- update post as promised. It is a rather disorganized hubbub of pictures and words. If you make it all the way through, I applaud your patience (and send you virtual hugs.)


One of the reasons I got inspired to start blogging again was because I re-read this book recently- Write to the Point by Bill Stott. I purchased it as an assignment for a writing class I took in high school. I have read it over and over and never get tired of it. Mr. Stott's straight-forward, witty take on how to be a successful writer is very refreshing. It has newly encouraged me to write what I mean, as simply as possible. Hopefully that will be evident in future blog posts.


I have been attempting to be more adventurous in my day-to-day life. That could mean going new places or tasting new things or listening to a different types of music. I have found that getting out of my comfort zone, even in the little things, makes life a whole lot more colorful and FUN. Currently, I am choosing a new drink off the menu every time I go to Starbucks (which is, ahem, rather often.) My favorite so far was the iced chai tea latte- it tasted like delectable creaminess laced with the essence of autumn.

The photo above is frozen yogurt from a place I tried out with a dear friend. We went by it all the time and saw crowds of happy-looking people streaming in and out and sitting on the bright red chairs under the umbrella tables, so...it must be good, right? I will just say that we did not finish what was in our dishes and the delightful-looking strawberry bubble things were a lie from the Land of Artificial Flavoring.


It is amazing how attached you can get to a furry animal that thinks they are the center of the universe. (Miss ya buddy.)


A word to the gentlemen- if you want to instantly brighten a lady's day and make her glowingly happy for at least a week, SEND HER FLOWERS. I'm 99.9% sure that it will work every time.



I have been spending a lot of time in the pool recently, something I haven't done for awhile. The smell of chorine on my skin transports me back to when I took swim lessons at the YMCA when I was little. I was seven years old, blonde and rather sassy. I took group lessons and I remember sticking my tongue out at a little boy...I don't think he did anything to me, I just didn't like boys when I was seven. I had a rather long tongue when I was little (I could touch the tip of my tongue to the tip of my nose, a skill of which I was very proud) so it was probably a little startling. Poor kid. I had a few different teachers over the years that I took lessons. The most memorable one was probably a female teacher I had that wore a bright red bathing suit and sang That's Amore ALL THE TIME. Yeah...still can't stand that song.


Adjusting to living in a new state has its challenges but I have been finding that it is fun to be immersed in a different culture and see a new palette of colors outside (like these lovelies I found in the backyard today.) One pleasant change I've been getting used to is friendly people. Like, you can smile at someone in the grocery store and they actually smile back, instead of glaring at you suspiciously. It was a little bit of a shock at first. When I was in Starbucks one day shortly after moving here, the guy taking my order asked me how my day was going so far and I almost fell over. Well not really, but I did stare at him uncomprehendingly until he repeated himself. I'm apparently not used to strangers being genuinely polite. Positive culture shock is awesome.



I never knew green violin rosin existed until a couple weeks ago when I opened this container. I bought some new rosin in hopes that it would inspire me to practice my violin more (it worked...sort of.) It was a fascinating surprise. Usually, I don't like to be surprised when I open packages that contain something I paid for, but this was an exception.


 I went to a storage container for the first time recently. It was a maze of hallways, all dreary grey. Not going to lie, it creeped me out a little bit. Doesn't it look like it could be a scene from a scary movie? Ironically, there was cheerful country music being piped through the speakers. 


 
Aaannnd can't have a post without a coffee picture. Were you sipping coffee as you were reading this? If you were, we are probably kindred spirits, especially if you were sipping hazelnut coffee (vanilla is good too.)

Enjoy your day and don't forget to be adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment