Saturday, August 9, 2014

Amber alert // loving to infinity



Last night, I got an amber alert notification on my cell phone.

I was snug, I was sleepy. And a little child had been stolen and was getting farther and farther away from safety in a black car.

I felt sick.

And I started thinking about a sweet little man, my brother.

How he blows me kisses,

giggles so hard he can't breathe,

talks incessantly about Legos and asks me questions like, Does Megamind's mother have hair?

How when I put him to bed, I say I love you to the moon and back

and then he grins and says I love to to the moon and back a million trillion times

and we go back and forth until he says

I love you to infinity

"You beat me," I say.

Everyday, I take for granted the fact that

He is here
He is safe
and I can hug him all I want

I looked at the news this morning and thankfully, the amber alert story had a happy ending and the little child was rescued from danger...but it did not make any less of an impression on me.

I will be thinking hard about how I can be better at

Loving to infinity

1 comment:

  1. I guess I need an explanation of the lego picture because I do not understand it.

    Thank you for sharing, and the thoughts that you have shared with me. I was the oldest of five and my younger brothers were 11 and 13 years younger than I.I can understand how you feel as you care for, and about your brother. One boy and three girls in the household is special for him. We hads two older brothers, a sister and two younger brothers. She wanted a sister badly but that never happend. Hope that all goes well for you guys there in Houston. Love and hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete