Friday, August 1, 2014

Coffee Horizons and Smile Moments


This is disturbingly similar to what I look like on early mornings (or any morning, for that matter.) Except my hair looks even more magnificent than his. Just thought I'd share that.



In the interest of saying Yes to Adventure as much as possible, I am expanding my coffee horizons and attempting to teach myself to appreciate black coffee. I've always sort of had a love-hate relationship with it. How could something that smelled so good taste so terrible? A dash of cream, in my mind, transformed acidic bitterness to smooth perfection. However, I was determined to try -at least once- to re-train my taste buds. I walked into Starbucks and bravely ordered an iced Caffé Americano, which consists of espresso, water and ice (pictured above in front of a bouquet of Just Because roses that my beautiful mom bought.)

I sipped it with apprehension and a vague feeling that I had gone over to the Dark Side. The flavor was much better than I expected- bitter, certainly, but exotic and velvety. I drank every bit of it, without a speck of dairy product besmirching the shady brew. I felt sophisticated and worldly and rather proud of myself. I'm not quite convinced that it trumps creamed coffee, but we shall see.


Smile Moments from recent life
Running my first straight mile
A barista at Starbucks proudly showing off his Spanish skills
Going to the theater with my exited little brother to watch Planes: Fire and Rescue
Being reminded about the awesomeness God and the miracle of us in this video: How Great is Our God: with Louie Giglio (full video) - YouTube
Beautiful sunshine and beautiful rainstorms


Hope you had some smile moments this week. 

Love, Celia

1 comment:

  1. Do you run? I ran my first 5K in May and am signed up for another one in September. But I don't train much at all... lol

    ReplyDelete