Friday, August 22, 2014

The dangers of evening caffeine consumption

I am sipping my newest coffee flavor adventure: Cinnamon Stick. I am not quite sure what I think of it. It slightly disturbs me. It tastes like someone ran out of normal coffee flavoring and, as a result, decided to recklessly throw in some autumn holiday spices, their panicked expression looming out of the clouds of cinnamon and nutmeg. In this case - I'm sorry to say - I think they should have just left it unflavored and taken their unwarranted creativity elsewhere.

For me, it is always a bit of a gamble to drink coffee late in the evening. I cooly reassure concerned onlookers that "caffeine doesn't affect my ability to sleep," which may very well be true, but I am fairly sure that it has some effect on me in general. Perhaps it is merely psychological, but some evenings when I drink coffee I get really studious and concentrated and write a 500-word article on a subject of my interest....and then other evenings I drink it and I'm all like

From Open House for Butterflies by Ruth Krauss

Maybe it has to do with the flavor coffee I drink on a particular evening. Who knows? I could get it down to a science....and then when someone complains to me that they have to write a paper in a time crunch, I will gaze into their eyes with perfect gravity and whisper You must drink a cup of Hawaiian Grog coffee and you will succeed beyond your wildest dreams. Wouldn't that be a great way to make
new friends?

[Don't answer that. By now you are probably getting a feel for what kind of coffee night this is.]

Do you drink coffee at night? If you do we are probably kindred spirits. If you don't well...you most likely have more common sense than I do and I take my hat off to you (or would if I had one.)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment