Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Music of the Night



I am sipping a cuppa green tea and listening to the murmur of voices in the kitchen. My muscles are tired, but happy. I hear a motorcycle revving up nearby. There is a violin piece playing on my computer called Ghost Song. It is haunting and beautiful. Right now, all these things interlaced, dancing together, make my music of the night.


Today, I...

-Fell back asleep after my alarm

-Woke up with a jolt and did a panicky time-check (who else has done that a million times?)

-Dragged myself out of bed and got ready for a run in less than 5 minutes

-Found out that doing my hair while half sleep isn't a good idea when my hair suddenly came undone mid-run and the hair tie was nowhere to be seen (long/thick hair + long/thick humidity = misery)

[How can a hot-pink hair tie be so hard to find?]

-Experienced the brief but exhilarating feeling of actually being able to breathe while running


Okay, I just realized I was giving you a play-by-play of my day. I apologize. Still awake? Did you like my rhyme?

I got less than five hours of sleep last night. It shows. It really does.

On a different note, pictured above (with my green tea) is one of my most favorite books of all time- The Princess Bride, by William Goldman. I never get tired of it. The movie adaptation is also pretty wonderful. It is bursting with quotable dialogue and magnificent cheesiness. If you haven't seen it yet, drop what you're doing and go watch it right now and your life will never be the same.


Hee hee. I'm so clever.

I am now exiting the building.

Signing off, leaving a trail of goodnight wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for keeping us up to date on what is going on in your life. I thought you were always supposed to breathe when running. I heard that you are supposed to be able to carry on a conversation if you were running at the correct pace for any distance. I am not a runner and cannot even do the two mile morning walks that used to be routine. Keep up the good work, and fun. Love and hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete