Monday, September 22, 2014

An Update Involving Pumpkin and Other Things


I have been in a pumpkin phase. As soon as September rolled in, my pumpkin sensors started buzzing and all I wanted to do was make pumpkin recipes. So far I have only managed to make two- pumpkin scones (topped with a delectable maple glaze) and pumpkin cornbread (pictured above.) But there are cans of pumpkin waiting in the cupboard and I am not turning back. Recipe possibilities dance enticingly before my eyes. I'm surprised I don't have dreams about pumpkin puree- but there's still time for that.

The only thing that concerns me is that I might be all pumpkined out by the time Thanksgiving gets here. Or, more likely, everyone around me will be all pumpkined out. They'll groan and tear their hair when they see me in the kitchen, maniacally whipping up yet another orange-tinted recipe. The cans of pumpkin will disappear mysteriously from the cupboards, vaporized by pure desperation. And then, there will be a pumpkin revolution.

I am in another phase as well, ever since I discovered a new flavor at Starbucks. Toffee nut syrup. A pump or two added to a cappuccino, cafe latte or ice coffee...pure enchantment. I'm hopelessly addicted. I am relieved that I found something else I like, ever since the dawn of my love-hate relationship with hazelnut frappuccinos.


Other updates:

I have been playing things such as Bach, Beethoven, and Schumann and my brain and fingers are still intact. I am incredulous but relieved.

Monk will always have a special place in my heart.

I still love my sparkly phone case that looks like ice. Unfortunately, I have found that it makes my phone significantly more slippery and droppable, but it is a problem I'm willing to deal with. Sometimes, style and beauty involve pain.

A WARNING: attempting to put ear drops in a cat's ears can result in serious injury or death.

Lately, green tea with mint has been my evening beverage of choice... instead of coffee, like usual. I do not know what is happening to me. Normally, if someone suggested replacing coffee with green tea I would have been horrified and said something like:

{Pinterest.com}
Obviously, my taste buds are now irrevocably out of control. Oh well. There are worse things in life.

I hope you have a magnificent week and that Monday treated you well. Here is a bit of wisdom from the Cheshire Cat to give you a beginning-of-the-week boost:

{Pinterest.com}
Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

Love, Celia

1 comment:

  1. Good Day, thanks for sharing, Sounds like you are keeping busy for sure. Question for you on this one though. The Monk that has a special place in your heart. Since it right below all that music you are playing would that me Thelonious Monk, or would that be the unique detective (both of them are special to me too). I hope that things are going well and you are all making new friends and having new adventures. Love and hugs.......

    ReplyDelete