Sunday, October 5, 2014

Updates

I'm sorry I've been away for awhile. My creative energy apparently decided to take a vacation without asking my permission. I have been feeling like this little dog:

{Pinterest.com}

And I have been trying very hard not to look like this:

{Pinterest.com}

I may or may not have had this conversation recently:

{Pinterest.com}

And I may or may not have stared dismally at this gif for a lengthy amount of time:

{Pinterest.com}

It's just been one of those weeks, you know?

But enough about that.


Recent updates:

~I have been trying more pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin Coffee Cake was the latest and it was a smashing success. It tasted like really good glazed pumpkin donuts with streusel topping...and it disappeared with astonishing speed. To be honest, I greatly contributed to its disappearance.

~It is both strange and lovely to experience temperatures in the 70ºs and 80ºs in October.

~I am still slightly addicted to Toffee Nut Syrup.

~I have been getting more used to driving in a new area and it is an empowering feeling. However, I am struggling a little to understand how people can be easy-going and friendly when you talk to them in the grocery store and then when they get behind the wheel they go all hard-core James Bond on you. Defensive and offensive driving seems to be extremely necessary.

~This sounds cliché, but I have been struck anew with the fact that often you don't realize or appreciate what you had...until it's gone.

~I will never be too old for coloring books.

~Piano scales have become my bane. I am convinced they are a malevolent force out to slowly devour my very soul.


On that cheerful note, I will be going.

But before I do, I just want to remind you that you're absolutely fabulous. Thanks for reading.

Love, Celia

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back after a little time away. I am not hearing anything about running lately, is that going on at all these days? It is getting cooler here, 36 yesterday morning, but the colors of God's handiwork are really beautiful. Typical Upstate New York fall. Miss you guys and you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete