Thursday, November 20, 2014

:: Life Update #3 ::

(Not my favorite latte.)

Hello, all you lovely readers. How has your week been? Mine has been calm, quiet and very, very chilly. It seemed like summer fizzled out and a cold front rushed in, a little too enthusiastically.

Even though the brisk weather can bring sniffles and cold ears, I have been trying to enjoy as many cozy fall things as possible. Sweaters, pretty scarves, cozy blankets, hot drinks, the smell of dry leaves, crisp apples, pumpkin baked goods...just to name a few.

I think I have discovered my new favorite drink from Starbucks. It is called The Chestnut Praline Latte and I'm pretty sure it's magical. It's subtle and nutty and wintery...like a cup of holiday cheer. I was much relieved to find it, because I have been rather disappointed in some of the other holiday drinks. As a result of a misdirected memory, I got an Eggnog Latte recently (pictured above) and it was not a fun experience.

Making friends in a new city is turning out to be harder than I anticipated. I know I must be patient and wait for the right people to come along- kindred spirits, you know.


Classical music is a bigger part of my life than it ever has been before. My musical abilities are being challenged and stretched every which way and I am playing things that I never would have touched a few years ago. The growing process is not comfy but who ever said adventure was comfy?

I have been taking more looks at my bucket list lately. You know, the list of things you want to do before you die. I don't want to wake up one day and realized that I've run out of time to do the things I've always dreamed of doing.

I am finally phasing out of my pumpkin obsession. I tried one more new pumpkin recipe the other day- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cupcakes. They sounded nice but until I started making them I didn't realize there wasn't actually any pumpkin in them. Just pumpkin spice coffee. They were a bit odd. Pumpkin has lost a little of its charm and now I have a new love. CHESTNUT PRALINE ALL THE THINGS.

Are you making cookies for the holidays? Here is a very helpful tutorial in case the process is a bit hazy for you. The last step is my favorite:


Have a marvelous and magnificent weekend, everyone.

Love, Celia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Most of your "sweet drinks" at Starbucks seem to be more than I would care for. I drink black coffee as a rule, but like a mocha once in a while. When I got there I tell them I only want the chocolate and espresso coffee parts, no whipped cream and no drizzle. I am sorry that you have not hooked up with any of the other weirdos in Houston yet but hope that you do soon. Keep up that classical piano music as I am sure that there are plenty of folks that will enjoy that. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving,

    ReplyDelete